Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Style - Bouquet of Flowers

This wasn't the outfit I had planned this morning - my original outfit just wasn't working, so this is what I went with!!


The Talbots beaded sweater is one of my favorites; I love the beading around the neckline and the  three quarter length sleeves.   I thrifted this last spring and am constantly pulling it out to wear.



The Jaclyn Smith floral skirt is a little outside of the box for me.  I love skirts and I love floral, but the combination of the material and style of the skirt is bit outside of my comfort zone.  I usually go with a pencil skirt in a solid color and usually only wear polyester on my top half.  One of the nice things about thrifting most of my wardrobe is being will to take a gamble with some of my pieces and not spending an arm and leg to do so.  If it doesn't work out, then I'm not out much money, and if it does work out - JACKPOT!!

I completed my look with some fun hand me down earrings and boots, and Walmart black tights.



It was a bit cold this morning, so I pulled out my new to me gray wool coat and purple scarf.  I picked up this Mossimo wool coat at my Salvation Army Family Thrift Store a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it!!  I could hardly wait to pull it out to wear.  Then I threw on a purple scarf that I picked up at Dress Barn on clearance a few winters ago.  I love the length and the bold color of this scarf and it picks up the purple in my skirt.


My outfit, complete with all my accessories was under $30!!



On Saturday nights, I like to paint my nails.  A couple of year ago, one of my sister-in-laws shared with me a line of nail polish that actually works for me!!  My nails never seem to dry 100% and end up smudged before I even get to show them off.  This Sally Hansen Insta-Dry is amazing and have it in several shades.  Today I wore Pink Blink.

I also LOVE a good red lipstick too.  I'm pretty picky when it comes to red lipstick.  It can't be too red, orange, or pink.  My favorite lipsticks are two discontinued colors from Mary Kay - Ruby Night and Midnight Red.  I don't know what I'll do when I run out!!

Since I'm growing my hair out, I'm trying to play with it a bit more.  I tell people, I just don't do long hair.  Most days, my hair is in a pony tail.  I loved my short hair soooooo much and one of the reasons is I didn't really have to fix it.  I'm not good with a straightener, the curling iron, bobby pins, teasing comb, or headbands, but I can braid, twist, and create a bun!  I've searched YouTube videos, bought hair products, and pinned ideas on Pinterest, but I always end up frustrated when I try something new.  By the time I get the hang of this long hair thing, I be whacking it off!!

Enjoy your Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment