Saturday, February 20, 2016

Friday Finds

I had blast teaching a Thrifting 101 class through Longview Community College's Community Education program.  I was thrilled to have five students learn about local thrift stores, their missions, and of course, how to shop!!  I hope to teach the class again in the future.  If you are interested, let me know!!  

This week I was able to shop with my students at Goodwill in Lee's Summit and snagged some awesome deals!!


Jacket
$3.99
I immediately spotted this jacket as I walked in the door.  It is perfect to throw on as I'm heading out the door to the gym.  I love the fun zippers and thumb holes.


Vintage Dress
$5.99

I couldn't pass up this dress!!  Yes, it's black and I already have a couple of black dresses, but look at this beauty!!  I love the bow detail on the shoulders and the simplicity of the cut of the dress.  It has some major shoulder pads, so I am debating of getting rid of those!!



Red Sweater
$2.99

I was looking for a basic red sweater and this one is perfect!!


Basic Henley
$.99 (1/2 price)


Mulan DVD
$1.99


 Children's Place Sweater
$1.99


Gymboree Sweater Dress/Tunic
$1.99

This is adorable!!  I can see this with fun striped tights or leggings!!  It's only a year old - it was manufactured for Gymboree's 2014 Holiday line.


 Tribal Pants
$4.99

I've been on the hunt for some summer/vacation items and these pants fit the bill.  They have an elastic waist band and they are plenty long!!

Also at Goodwill, I picked up a tub of wooden beads for a friend for just $2.99.  She was thrilled!!

This week, I also swung by two other favorite thrift stores, Majr-Thrift and Family Thrift Store.



Gap Tunic
$.99


Denim Skirts (2 different sizes)
$.99 each


Gymboree Corduroy Dress
.99


Waffle Knit Top (2 of them)
$1.98 each

My sons love shirts like these to layer in the winter time and so I picked up a couple in different sizes and colors.


Old Navy Jacket
.99


Mickey Top
$1.99
Our family is planning a big vacation to Florida this year and this is my first official item for the trip!!   I will be on the hunt for more Disney items this spring!!


Mirrored Tray
$3.98

I adore this tray!!  It will be perfect to display some of my jewelry on my dresser.   I need to tighten the screws holding it together and polish the silver.  I may end up painting it white as well.  We will see!!

Any favorites??  

No comments:

Post a Comment