Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Vintage Skirt Revamp

I picked up this vintage skirt at a bag sale.  I think I paid $4 for the bag and I ended up with about a dozen items, so i paid less than .50 for this beauty!!


The length of this skirt was all wrong, but I'm a sucker for polka dots!!   I compared it to one of my favorite skirts and decided that I would shorten the hem to match.


At first, I was going to take the time to measure for a new hem, cut off the excess and try my hand at "nice" hem.  Then I realized that was way too much work!!  I simply fold up the existing hem twice, iron, pin, and hem.  Sooooooo much simpler!!





I am all for revamps and if they are as simple as this, I could do them all day long!!  Once I got started, this project took only 30 minutes!!

What a difference a hem line makes!!  I also quickly moved the button at the waist band as well, so I could breathe a bit easier!!



No comments:

Post a Comment