Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday Style - A Classic Blazer for less than $1



I love a good structured blazer!!  I have been trying to keep up with Dina's 12 months of Thrifting challenge.   Each month, Dina posted something to look for while thrifting.  Last month, her challenge was to find a navy or black blazer.

Since I am on the taller side, I have a hard time finding blazers that fit me well.  I want my blazers to go past my waist.  That way I can actually wear them with jeans, pants, and skirts.

I picked up this Gap blazer at a sack sale at a small thrift store, Heart and Hand.  Heart and Hand is not for the faint at heart.  This store is not organized well and there tend to be piles everywhere.  I usually try to swing by there once a month and try to get in and out as quickly as possible.  They recently had a $4 sack sale.  I LOVE sack sales!!  We don't have too many thrift stores in the area that do sack sales, but when I find one, I usually stuff my bag as full as possible!!

I spent a whooping .33 on this blazer!!  It will be in my closet for years!!


I paired it with a fun classic striped dress I picked up at Salvation Army for $5.99 and a pair of vintage inspired heels for $2.  I have been on the hunt for vintage heels for months now.  I have a larger foot, so when I find a vintage pair of shoes in my size I am stoked.  These are not vintage, but they definitely look like something from the 1940s or 50s.  They are actually quite comfortable for a heel.  My necklace is from BelJoy Haiti.


From head to toe, my outfit cost around $50, including my necklace.

Enjoy your Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment