Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday Style - A Hint of Spring

The last couple of days have been GORGEOUS!!  Yesterday, it felt like spring - I was able to take my run outside, vehicles got washed, boys played for hours outside, and we enjoyed a couple of short walks with Hope and Coco.

When I saw the forecast today, I was itching to put on something spring like!!



I found these floral capris at Target on clearance a couple of summers ago.  They are very bold and I almost didn't try them on, but I did and I absolutely LOVE them.  I tend to piece bold pieces for my upper half, not my lower half.  There are so many colors and shades of flowers that they really could go with a multitude of items in my closet, but today I kept things simple with my new to me Lauren Conrad blouse ($3.98) that I purchased from Red Racks Thrift Store in January.  I also pulled out some camel peep toe wedges from Aerosoles that have been a part of my spring/summer wardrobe for about 10 years.  They are pretty comfortable and I've worn them for almost every Easter since I purchased them.  These wedges are what I call an investment piece.  I have a hard time spending money on one piece of my wardrobe, but I wanted to find a nice pair of leather dress shoes that were comfortable and timeless.  These were my choice!!  Even though they cost almost $40, I've worn them on countless occasions and I'm still not tired of them.  I tend to splurge on pieces that I know I'll want to keep for a long time and not a fad.


The bracelet I am wearing is from Rahab's Rope, a ministry that serves women in India.    My best friend gave it to me and I wear it often.  I can't help but think of her when I wear it!!  It also has a charm that has the word Hope on it, which is also my daughter's name.

I even painted my ugly toes this am.  My poor feet look terrible right now with all the running I'm doing!!



Even with my shoes and capris, my total for this outfit is right around $50.

Enjoy your Sunday and this AMAZING weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment