Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thrifted Style - Mom Uniform

I have found that this combination is something I put on over and over.  Jeans, button up, and cardigan seems to be my go to outfit most of the year.  Especially in the spring, when mornings are cold and we are heading out the door, I pick out something like this to wear.  Sometimes it's skinny jeans and ballet flats, skinny jeans and boots, but it's almost always a button up and cardigan!!

This outfit is all thrifted, except by beanie hat!!  Shoes are Privos (nice brand and super expensive!!), jeans are from Banana Republic, button up is from A&F, cardigan is from Gap, and my scarf is from a garage sale.  My beanie is from Target and was only like $2 because it was the end of winter - score for me - I picked up this one in black and then one in cream too.



Funny story about my hat - I found a recipe for an oil that I could put on my scalp that would help with hair growth, so I tried it before going to bed.  The next day, my hair and scalp were looking and feeling quite oily, so the blogger suggested a little dry shampoo.  I tried it and it still looked too oily for me, so the next suggestion was baking soda to absorb the oil - EPIC FAIL!!  I couldn't get the baking soda out and we had to get out the door in less than 15 minutes!!  I tried spraying water on it, made it SO MUCH worse.  So I turned to my husband and asked him what I should do and he suggested a hat!!  I quickly put it on and ran out the door to take my boys to a homeschool co-op.  I was quite self conscious about it and wondered if anyone would notice my "graying" hair.  The first two ladies that stopped me that morning, told me how cute I looked and that they loved the hat!!  I couldn't contain my laughter and had to tell them each about the reasons behind me wearing my hat.  Sometimes I need to laugh at myself!!  When all else fails, a hat it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment