Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Style - Emerald in the Rough

When I saw this poor, pitiful dress at Salvation Army last fall, I knew I needed to rescue it.  I was drawn to the vibrant color and silhouette of the dress.  It definitely needed some work!!
The first thing to go were the sleeves.  I also wanted to update the neckline.  My wonderful mother helped me with all the alterations.  I couldn't be half as stylish without her sewing skills!!  

I loved how it turned out!!  It's a very simple dress and I think I could wear it year round!!


I added my faithful born sandals and vintage braided belt to complete the look.  My outfit cost a whopping $8!!

Don't be afraid to try something that needs a little work!!  Even if you can't do the work yourself, a tailor or a good friend can help create a custom look for you!!


Enjoy your Sunday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment