Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Style - Vintage Refashioned

I picked up this dress at the end of last summer at my local Salvation Army Family Thrift Store.  I had looked at this dress before, but didn't want to pay the $8.99 price, so I decided to wait to see if it was still available on a sale day.  I was thrilled it was waiting for me and 1/2 price.


I was drawn to the dress because of the beautiful watercolor print.  The sleeves and shoulder pads made the dress look dated, so I thought a re-fashion of the sleeves would freshen up the dress.  My mom was willing to help me take out the sleeves and give this beautiful dress a whole new look.  I also swapped out the crazy brass button, for a simple pearl button.



I paired the dress with a pair of thrifted heels and a spring yellow belt.  Total cost of my outfit from head to toe is around $10.


When I originally wanted to re-fashion the dress, I thought about just cutting off the bodice and making the dress into a maxi skirt.  I am glad I didn't!!  

Here's another fun way I wore this dress - almost looks like it's a maxi skirt!!  I paired my dress with my JCrew chambray, Born sandals, and Old Navy purse.  This look from head to toe cost around $15.


Have a wonderful Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment