Friday, August 7, 2015

Craft Room Project # 3 - Painting the Night Away

Each summer, I make a list of projects I would like to get done while I don't have the responsibilities of school or crazy schedules.  They include painting, crafting, filing, and organizing!!  On my list this summer, was setting up my craft room.

I was able to score a gallon of paint from my friend, Rachel.  It was an oops paint that she had picked up and it is the perfect shade of blue to coordinate with my craft armoire!!


My craft room is a small room that connects our boys room and bathroom to our laundry room and storage room.  We can't make it into a bedroom because of the layout, but it makes a perfect craft room for me!!  My goal is actually to move my crafting items into my craft room, so that we can have a little more room in our storage room for off season clothing and decor.


When we moved into our home, 15 years ago, our basement was a blank slate.  Since that time, we have created a family/school room, laundry closet, a second bathroom - that is actually larger than our master bath, and a boys bedroom.  When we constructed the boys bedroom, my husband and crew went ahead finished this room as well.  At that time, we weren't sure what we'd do with it, but I talked my husband into letting me have it!!

My husband truly loves me!!  Every time I take on a project, he doesn't complain when I ask for his help.  I like to paint, but I do not like cutting in the edges.  I'm terrible at it, and he can do it without taping in half the time it would take me to tape it!!


The room color turned out lovely!!  It is quite inviting and serene.  I still have several more things I would like to add to the room before school starts, but we'll see what actually gets done.  I am just excited to finally have a space that functions!!




2 comments: