Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Style - Dancing Through Life

I have wanted to purchase or make a tulle skirt for almost two years now.  I have searched high and low at every thrift store and garage sale, but to no avail!!  I scoured the internet, but didn't want to pay the ridiculous shipping that most were charging.  Then I search Pinterest, for directions on how to make one.  I tried and FAILED!!  Thankfully tulle, is fairly inexpensive, so I didn't feel like to much of a failure!

I finally picked up a white one on sassysteals.com.  Every so often I find something on there, that I just can't resist.   The price was right around $9 plus $3-4 shipping.  I could do that!!



I paired this over the top skirt, with a simple black sweater.  I wear this sweater with everything - I wish I had it in every color.  It's from Talbots, but I picked it up a my local Salvation Army.  I also added some fun black bow heels.  I picked these up at an estate sale this month for a whopping $1.50 (1/2 price day!!), a hand-me-down belt from my mom, and a leather vintage purse.


My outfit is under $25, but I feel like a million!!  My only criticism about the skirt, is that the lining really isn't lining.  I had to double up in the slip department!!


I also kept my hair simple with a classic ponytail and let the skirt be the focal point of the outfit.  I tend to just keep hair and makeup simple, if I feel like my outfit is a bit fussy.

Enjoy your Sunday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment