Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Style - Chambray with a Twist

I have several chambray shirts in my closet.  I mentioned the word chambray to a couple of friends and they had no idea what it was.  So, the definition of chambray is a lightweight clothing fabric with colored warp and light filling yarns.  Clear as mud right?!?  Well, my definition is a fabric that looks like denim, but is much lighter in weight.  Chambray came come in a variety of shades, but most of what I have tends to be on the lighter color spectrum of blue.

I picked up this chambray shirt at City Thrift last week and couldn't wait to wear it.  I loved the silhouette, the embroidery down the front, and that is was a bit casual, yet a bit dressy.


To complete the look, I paired my top with a pair of white bermuda shoes, and wedges.  The total for this look from head to toe comes in at about $20.  My bermuda shorts were a steal at around $9 at an end of the season sale at JcPenney.  Everything else is thrifted!!


I also thought this outfit would look great for a date night, a vacation, or a day of shopping.  I just swapped out a couple of items and came up with another look.


I swapped out my wedges, for a simple leather sandal, added my fun straw bag, pulled my hair back and added a fedora.  I also unbuttoned the bottom two buttons of the top and made a little knot - quick and easy changes!!  This outfit cost around $25.



Enjoy your Sunday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment