Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sunday Style - My Favorite Style of Dress

When my boys were little, I didn't wear dresses.  They were too fussy to try to wrangle three little boys in.  I opted for pants and very few skirts.  In recent years, I have rediscovered dresses.  The silhouette of this dress is my hands down favorite style to wear.

The neckline is flattering, the length is appropriate for me, it has pockets, a defined waistline, and some fun details.  I picked up this dress at my local Salvation Army for $5.99.  I knew it had to be an expensive brand because of all the attention to detail.  When I got home, I looked up the brand online and found that it is sold at Nordstrom and dresses start at $69 - SCORE!!  


I paired it with a $4 leather jacket I found on an online garage sale, $1 garage sale heels, and a necklace/earrings set I picked up several years ago at Charming Charlies.  My outfit cost around $25 from head to toe.


The dress features an exposed zipper in the back and a sewn in black bow belt. 


On a side note, I spent 20 minutes trying to do something fun with my hair.    I attempted a bun, a low pony tail, and slicked back and to no avail!!  My something fun ended up a middle part instead of my normal side part!!

Enjoy your Sunday and Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment