Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Style - Easter

When it comes to family photos, holidays, or special occasions, I love for my family to dress in coordinating or matching outfits.  I'm a scrapbooker, so I like to have pictures be as cohesive as possible!!  When the boys were little, I would buy them matching outfits.  I loved how adorable they looked!!

Then one year when my oldest son, who was about eight, said he didn't want to dress like his brothers EVER again!!  That broke this momma's heart, but then I asked if he would be okay with coordinating with his brothers and he was down with that!!  I saw it as a win for momma!!

The next Easter, I let Thomas pick out what he wanted to wear first and then the other two boys didn't care what they wore, so I picked out their outfits.  Then Tommy and I just picked clothing items that coordinated with the boys.

Now that we have a daughter, it throws another wrench into the plan.  Also, we now have boys in various sizes.  What's a momma to do!!??

This year, I picked Hope's dress first and then mine.  Polka dots with black and white should be easy to work with and it was!!  We had most pieces for the boys on hand, but we needed to purchase a couple of ties, pants, and shirts. The tan pants we bought for the boys last year were too little.    So I picked up those items at Kohls.  I had my heart set on at least one of my boys wearing a bow tie, but they were soooooo expensive!!

I found my dress at Salvation Army Family Thrift Store this winter.  Thrifting tip - buy out of season.  Most people aren't looking for spring/summer dresses in the dead of winter!!  I love polka dots, so this was an easy pick for me!

This dress has pockets!!!  I also love the contrasting striped belt.  I did have my mom stitch the v-neck a little higher up, which was a pretty easy fix (at least for her!!).

I paired my dress with a trusty denim jacket, brown leather wedges, and a fun garage sale necklace.







Enjoy your Sunday!!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love to match with my family! :)

    Allie
    chroniclesofallie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete