Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Big 4-0!!

I will be turning the big 4-0 in September!!  It seems so strange to me that my thirties are coming to an end.

This decade has been very challenging - I have experienced life in a whole new way - I've seen life, death, sadness, and pure joy.  I am parenting a baby again, my first daughter, and a teenager.  I feel like I've come to understand myself better and I've definitely mellowed a bit.  I can laugh at myself.  I have come to embrace this body God has given me.  I feel like I know my style - in my home and in my closet.  I think I know where I want to be in another ten years.  I've deepened relationships.  I've walked through some pretty dark, scary, and overwhelming stuff and I made it through to the other side with a few scars and a new joy and resolve in my heart.

When I was turning 39, I started brainstorming a list of 12 things I wanted to do during this last year of my thirties. I wanted the list to stretch me - some of them are physically challenging, some are to grow me spiritually, some are things I've never experienced, and some are just for fun.

Here's my list!!

Train and Run for a 1/2 marathon - April 11th Rock the Parkway

Launch a Blog - January 1st - You are reading it!!

Do Something for Charity

Go on a Spiritual Retreat - December 30 - January 1st

Go to a Wine Tasting Event

Plan an Oscar Party - February

Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride

Take an Instructional Class

Write Letters to People I Love

Keep a Gratitude Journal - Ongoing

Cut Off and Donate My Hair - September

Go Camping with My Boys

When September rolls around, I hope that I've been able to accomplish each of them and share my experiences with you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment