Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Paparazzi

I have loved photography for many years and taken little photo sessions here and there of my family, but never taken any for hire!!  I was approached by two friends to see if I would take senior pictures for their children.  I told them I would do my best!  

I did Aaron's photo shoot at a little park close by.  I asked him and his mother, Carolyn, to give me some ideas of what kinds of photos they would like and they gave me a great starting point.  Aaron is an amazing musician and loves playing his guitar, so we had to be sure to capture him with his guitar.  The weather and lighting was perfect!!  I enjoyed getting to know Aaron a bit more and capturing some fun pictures!!












I don't like editing photos.  I try to do as much editing of my shots, when I am taking the photo.  I actually was able to sort and edit Aaron's photos in less than 45 minutes!!

My neighbor, Kim, asked me if I would take her daughter Joy's senior pictures.  I have known Joy since she was 2 years old when we moved in next door.  It has been so fun to watch her and her siblings grow up.  They have been incredible neighbors, friends, and playmates for my kids.

Joy had a very specific idea on what she wanted her senior pictures to look like, and I was a little scared!!  Her vision included WATER!!  She found a beautiful stream that was a perfect location to capture her beauty!!

Joy and I took our time and had a great time trying to make her vision come to life.   The lighting, water, and subject were perfect.  Joy was easy to coach and she was ready to take the plunge.  Thankfully it was a warm fall day!!  The hardest part for me was having to get wet myself, I wasn't quite dressed for that!

My favorite part of this photo shoot, was watching Joy emerging from a sort of cocoon.  She was quite timid at first, but the more she got wet, the more she opened up and blossomed.  It was mesmerizing to watch her whole demeanor change.  I think we were both sad when we were done!! 















No comments:

Post a Comment