Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Thrifted Style - Bold Layers

I picked up this gorgeous sweater at my local Salvation Army for just $2.99.  It is so soft and luxurious!!  It is from Gap and I'm sure retailed for more than $40!!  It may not look like much on the hanger, but it is AMAZING!!  I was drawn to the bright color and it has a high low hemline.



I paired my sweater with a pair of thrifted Gap skinny jeans, my Rahab's Rope necklace, an Eddie Bauer tweed peacoat, and a pair of ankle boots I picked up at Burlington Coat Factory this fall.

One of the items on my clothing wish list for the fall was a pair of comfortable brown leather ankle boots that I wear with jeans, skinnies, and slacks.  I started researching possible options online and just couldn't find anything that was in the price range I wanted.  I even checked out Ebay to see if I could snag gently used pair, but no luck!!!  This pair is from Earth Origins and they are sooooooo comfortable!!   My mom and I decided to check a new Burlington Coat Factory that just opened up close to us and happened upon these beauties for less than $30!!


My tweed coat is a $5 garage sale find that is a perfect winter classic.  When I only spend $5 on a winter coat I don't mind getting a different one every few years when I get tired of the current one.  I tend to rotate items out of my closet after just a few seasons and one of the reasons I shop second hand is that I don't feel bad getting rid of clothing that I haven't spend much money on!!





I've said it before, but this necklace from Rahab's Rope goes with everything!!  I've worn it with so many items and it's usually my go to necklace because of all the amazing colors in it!!  You can see how I've worn it here and here!!

Happy Thrifting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment