Saturday, January 2, 2016

Sunday Style - A Little Shine

It is rare for me to wear an entire outfit that I purchased from an actual store!!!  When I shop retail, I usually go in with something specific in mind.  Then I usually walk out of the store frustrated when I can't find the item!!  When I thrift, I have my wish list, but I usually just browse and pick up items that I fall in love with.  This outfit is a combination of buying something specific and picking up an item I fell in love with.


The top is from Kohl's and I purchased it a couple of years ago on clearance and the skinnies are from Macy's.  About three years ago, I had some birthday money and I told one of my friends I wanted to find a pair of pants with a little flare- not too tight, not too dressy, not too denim, not too trendy!!  She persuaded me to try Macy's.  I was very leery because frankly, I really don't like Macy's.  The way their stores are set up, frustrates me and especially when I am looking for something specific, I was sure we would never find what I had in my mind to purchase!

We walked in and my friend Katie, told the salesperson what we were looking for, but she really wasn't very helpful, so Katie and I ventured out on our own and met up within a few minutes.  I ended up taking one pair of pants to the dressing room and magically they fit perfectly!!  I couldn't believe it - that NEVER happens.  Pants are extremely hard for me to find a proper all over fit.  Usually they are too short in the legs, waist, or crotch.  They also tend to be tighter on my hips and falling off my waist - I have been blessed with a tinier waist and  bigger thighs!!  I know I'm not the only woman out there that suffers from this!!

My pants were also on sale and then we added a coupon to seal the deal!!  I haven't been back to Macy's since, but I was pleased as punch to find this sweet deal!!


My outfit comes in right around $50 from head to toe.  My sister gifted me my earrings and my mother gave me my boots.

Enjoy your Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment